How to Deactivate Old UAN: Many times, on changing jobs, more than one Employees Provident Fund (PF, EPF) account of the person is opened. UAN ie Universal Account Number is there for the details of all the accounts to be found at one place. UAN should be only one but some people’s UAN also becomes more than one PF account simultaneously.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allows only one UAN. If you have two UANs, you can transfer your EPF account from one to another and deactivate your previous UAN. Remember that funds from one UAN linked EPF account have to be compulsorily transferred to another EPF account linked to another UAN. Know this whole process:-
old UAN how to deactivate
- You have to inform your employer to close the old UAN.
- If you wish, email@example.com. You can directly inform EPFO by emailing.
- Mention all your UAN and related information in the email.
- After your mail, EPFO will verify and all your old UAN will be closed.
- Only the existing UAN will be operational.
- Now you have to apply to transfer the funds of the PF account linked to the old UAN to the new PF account.
- After your application, the EPFO will transfer the funds of all your old PF accounts to the new UAN and its linked PF account.
- Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Go to ‘One Member One EPF Account’
- You have to log in to ‘One Member One EPF Account’ with your existing UAN and password.
- Now go to ‘Request for Transfer of Account’ under ‘Online Services’.
- Apply here to transfer funds from your old PF account to the new UAN linked PF account.
- When you do this, the EPFO system gets to know that someone is transferring funds from one UAN to another.
- After this EPFO verifies your details and finds out multiple UAN cases.
- On completion of the verification, EPFO deactivates all your old UANs. Links the PF accounts linked to them with the new / existing UAN.
SMS Member Employee is informed from
- The PF account holder is informed about this by sending an SMS. SMS comes to the account holder’s number which is registered with EPFO.
- After this the account holder can be asked whether to keep the new UAN active or not.
- After this the funds of all your old PF accounts will be transferred to the new UAN linked PF account.
- In cases where the employee has to receive the outstanding PF from the previous company, the system automatically adds the new UAN number to the ECR. So in such cases, the outstanding amount gets transferred to the new PF account linked with the new UAN.
EPF How to transfer online
- Go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in here by entering UAN, password and captcha.
- In the ‘Online Services’ section, click on ‘One Member- One EPF Account’.
- A new page will open on which you can check your personal details.
- To check PF details, click on ‘Get Details’
- Now click on ‘Get OTP’.
- Enter the OTP you will get on the registered mobile number in the given space and click on submit.
- Now you have to fill Form 13. In this, PF details of old and existing employers are sought.
- After filling Form 13, a Tracking ID will be generated.
- You can further track the progress of PF transfer from Tracking ID.
- Take a printout of the form, sign it and send it to your employer within 10 days.
- Both your employers will verify the details entered and will approve it if the information is correct.
- After this PF will be transferred.